The Sr. Account Manager is an integral part of the organization. This role ensures customers are aware of Iron Mountain Data Center’s (IMDC) products and services, to drive growth across the customer base. The tasks and goals include building strong and trusted relationships with clients during the post-sales life-cycle. As a Sr. Account Manager, you will be assigned as the clients’ first point of contact, ensuring that our customers remain satisfied with our services. You will need to seek to understand our client’s needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in our products and services.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a self-starter who proactively ensures customer satisfaction on all assigned accounts as well as identifying expansion opportunities within the customer base. High-level experience in sales and customer service is required in this position – comfortable interfacing with all levels, including executive level contacts, is a must in this role. You will be working directly with a Business Development Executive (BDE) on a given account as an Account Team for your clients. The BDE’s focus is on new logo acquisition and expansion with the help of the AM on Enterprise Accounts (Fortune 500). You will be managing and owning the existing relationship while identifying cross-sell opportunities with the BDE as part of the Account Team
The position will require approximately 25-50% travel for customer meetings. The Sr. Account Manager reports to the RVP, Account Management and Customer Success.
Service Internal/External (Support the Business)
- High-level relationship management and ongoing customer communication, program management, contract negotiations & renewals, and scheduled rate increases. Develop and nurture long-term client relationships to achieve goals for the client’s business as well as for IMDC.
- Ensure contracts are carried out according to agreed terms.
- Serve as the primary liaison between customers and the IMDC internal team.
- Act as the main point of contact for ongoing customer program management, implementation, and follow through.
- Coordinate the roll-out of customer programs and deliverables, with assistance from the Business Development Executive (BDE) and Customer Success Management (CSM) teams
- Communicate as required with the facility, IT, and operations teams to review customer issues/project status.
- Creation and maintenance of account plans in coordination with all client-facing resources (Sales, CSM, Ops, etc.)
- Develop and maintain a yearly customer calendar. Include routine Business Reviews, social events, and relationship-building events.
- Educate Clients on IMDC and Iron Mountain products and services.
- Provide training and demonstrations to an assigned customer base concerning workflow, invoicing, and other services.
- Communicate with customers regularly to discuss projects in process, opportunities for new projects, issues or problems, and other items relevant to the effective management of the account. This may take the form of phone contact, emails, on-site meetings, weekly status reports, etc.
- Research and respond to Client issues and requests for information on non-service related transactions.
- Interface with applicable external vendors for services provided to the Client; communicate concern/needs of Clients with managers throughout the company to allow for improved Client service.
- Conduct Client tours of our Data Center facilities.
- Document all decisions, changes, and action items stemming from contact with the Client or internal departments.
- Proactively communicate with Clients to enhance the IMDC relationship; perform issue-resolution visits, and scheduled follow up meetings.
- Proactively request Client referrals From Account base.
- Adhere to and be committed to the values of the organization.
- Assist in the training of Account Representatives.
Renewals (Protect the Business)
- Work on customer account renewals and negotiate all commercial aspects of the contract (Term, Pricing, etc.)
- Ensure contracts are carried out according to agreed terms
- Responsible for accurate renewals opportunity management (forecasting) for your assigned account base in IMDC’s CRM tool
- Provide details on upcoming renewals, including renewal stage, probability, renewal value, detailed next steps, etc.
- Monitor and report on client upsell/cross-sell opportunities
- Responsible for reducing churn on existing account base
Finance & Administration (Analyze the Business)
- Support and review the monthly invoicing process and respond to questions/concerns from clients.
- Gather and share competitor information, new client requirements & services.
- Analyze Client activity data for cost savings, effective use of services, and opportunity to generate additional profits.
- Assist in budget input and Client revenue forecast.
Operations (Run the Business)
- Show a high level of responsiveness to Client’s requests, including being available, providing quick turnaround of estimates, proposals and answers to other questions or issues, and communicating status and progress throughout the implementation phase and beyond.
- Manage internal resources to achieve targeted margin goals for managed accounts.
- Translate Client needs and expectations into technical specifications for work to be performed by IT, Operations, etc. and follow through on each job to ensure it is timely and accurate.
- Engage internally on issues related to how we can improve processes internally and with a Client base
- Analyze Client data for trends and peak activity periods.
- Ensure there is strong, open two-way communication with other members of the team (Finance, Sales, Operations, Network, IT, Senior Management, etc.).
- Interpret and respond timely to service issues.
- Communicate requested system enhancements to IT, Ops, Product Development, and the Client.
Sales (Grow the Business)
- Schedule, prepare, and present regularly scheduled Business Reviews, providing updated marketing information, account performance, activity statistics, implementation updates, partnership program accomplishments, and current/future objectives.
- Have principal responsibility for additional business development within the Client account.
- Research and utilize listings of customer parent and subsidiary companies to pursue additional departments and service revenue.
- Work closely with the Client to understand their business, including the market, the competition, internal and external factors which may impact their business, short and long term goals and objectives, successes and failures, etc., and use that knowledge to propose and provide effective solutions to meet their goals.
- Understand the structure, capabilities, and current and potential utilization of the services and systems we develop for our Clients.
- Develop strong internal and external business partnerships.
- Be proactive by continually assessing the Client’s needs, and offering ideas and solutions to help them manage and take advantage of opportunities that may arise as their business evolves.
- Assist the Sales Manager in selling and closing accounts.