The VP of Human Resources (VP HR), reporting to the CPO, is responsible for the strategic support of the Data Center Business. This business is a high growth business unit, with an employee population of approximately 500 employees, with a revenues of over $200M distributed across the United States, UK, Singapore & Netherlands. The VP HR will be responsible for driving results and increasing the overall effectiveness of the business through a deep understanding of the business strategy. He/she will consult with senior leaders on matters related to organizational effectiveness, including but not limited to organizational development, operating models, employee engagement & culture, strategic workforce planning, change navigation, talent development, performance and compensation management activities. He/she will anticipate business needs and provide short & long term client-focused solutions that drive effective business results through the alignment of human resources best practices to strategic business goals.
- Trusted Advisor and partner to GM, Data Center, and the fellow direct reports to the GM, on issues of OD, Talent, and Change Management to drive strategic success.
- Partnering with the senior leaders, develops business unit workforce strategies aligned and informed by business & enterprise strategy.
- Uses a consultative approach to understand & develop (present & future) critical talent capabilities.
- Broker specialty HR services to meet business needs & participate in the delivery of market-ready solutions as appropriate (e.g. talent & succession planning, workforce planning, org design, etc.).
- Provides coaching and advice to senior leaders to strengthen their leadership capabilities and enable them to meet their business priorities.
- Facilitate & drive transformational change to enable organizational effectiveness and employee engagement.
- Build a high performing team of HRBP’s through leadership, mentoring and open communication.
- Leader within the HR Leadership team, supporting and building enterprise wide HR strategy and priorities
- Role requires 40 – 50% travel
Functional Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- Demonstrates a minimum of 15 years of HR and/or OD experience.
- Experience partnering with senior leadership on complex matters.
- Strong M&A and integration experience.
- Global orientation & experience required
- Experience supporting and enabling a business during hyper-growth and scaling.
- Experience operating & driving successful outcomes in entrepreneurial environments, large and small.
- Possesses broad knowledge of all internal HR programs and services.
- Ability to understand and develop strategies that impact overall effectiveness of the business unit and the broader organization.
- Ability to influence, communicate and present effectively to all levels of the organization, in particular senior leaders and other key decisions makers.
- A focus on organizational effectiveness throughout the business including sales, marketing, operations and product to ensure alignment across the full matrix.
- Ability to develop and articulate data-driven business cases.
- Has a strategic, solution-focused mind set; experience designing and managing successful people projects and programs; and has an established track record of innovation.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, negotiate, and influence thinking.
- Experience working & leading and HR organization in a technology business
- REIT experience is a plus
- Natural Curiosity
- Ability to move from the strategic to the tactical and back again
- Resourceful – doesn’t have to do all the work themselves; bring to bear many aspects (research/call people/reach out)
- Can think outside the box (not: “We’ve always done it this way…”)
- Seeing possibilities, but strategic & execution focus- broad wide lens
- Modeling the change- “chunk it out”, simplify, pragmatic thinking, receptive to change- positive attitude towards change
- Relates easily with the large non-exempt work force and the supervisors and managers who lead them
- Picking spots – understanding what problem we are trying to solve (clear diagnosis, root cause)
- Pleasantly assertive to get to the answer/question
- “Project minded” – able to think through steps, establish milestones, define key stakeholders, etc.
- Achieving results through influence, collaboration, relationships
- Active listening (asks self: “Whose need are you meeting?” when talking or asking questions/communication)
- Analytical thinking; numbers-friendly
Iron Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.