The Warehouse Manager is responsible for all storage accounts, client services, operations and administration of the Johnson facility. Additionally, this position will manage an operations team, who thrive on exceeding Crozier’s client’s expectations.
Ideal candidates for this position have the ability to organize, schedule, and plan daily activities, while building a highly motivated performance team and supporting operations staff with warehouse guidance and knowledge.
- Safety & Security - responsible for the safety and security of clients, employees, and the art. Liaises with Head of Security for all issues relating to building security and fire prevention, CCTV, and burglar alarms. Acts as first responder to any and all off-hour emergencies and second in the respond central station call tree. Responsible for security and security of the building, equipment, and grounds.
- Staff - responsible for training, mentoring, coaching, developing and retaining all facility staff. Manage workload to ensure the facility is appropriately staffed at all times. Input and approve payroll. Continuously review areas of responsibility to increase productivity and improve efficiency. Keep all commitments, operate with integrity, and promote “open book” management style. Provide leadership to the team and set a personal example for others to emulate.
- Finance - responsible for meeting monthly financial targets set by the company. Prepare and monitor annual operation budget.
- Administration - supply estimates and facility availability information to internal clients. Coordinate activity logistics and handling strategies. Schedule and coordinate third party vendors.
- Engineering/Facility - acts as liaison with Engineering for all issues relating to building and equipment. Responsible for maintenance, general upkeep and appearance of facility.
- Client Services – assumes role of primary contact with clients and accounts, advises on innovative developments, and new business opportunities.
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience. 3 -5 years of supervisory or managerial experience
- Strong working knowledge of art logistics, including current packing, handling, storage, and transportation methods and materials/equipment
- Track record of excellent customer service
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Capable of working well under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively