Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) is the global leader in storage and information management services. Iron Mountain is committed to storing, managing and transforming what our customers value most, from paper records to data to priceless works of art and culture. Providing a full suite of solutions – records and information management, data management, digital solutions, data centers and secure destruction – Iron Mountain enables organizations to lower storage costs, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and protect their data and assets from a complex world. Visit the company website at www.ironmountain.com for more information.
Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status or other legally protected classifications in making employment decisions.
This role is responsible for enabling an efficient day-to-day Transportation operation by supporting the Transportation Supervisor and couriers through route staffing, courier training, information gathering, absentee coverage and communication.
Essential Function :
• Overseeing and scheduling the day to day activities of transportation employees.
• Frequent communication with Management team regarding status and logistics of deliveries/pick ups to ensure quality service is provided to our customers.
• Assist management team in the supervision of transportation personnel.
• Ensure all deliveries/pick ups are done efficiently, specific customer requests or concerns are communicated to all transportation employees.
• Ensure adherence to all security and operational procedures.
• Other transportation activities as required by the needs of the company and the customer base.
• A High School Degree is required.
• 1+ years experience in a transportation-related lead or dispatching role.
• Driving experience, which includes customer processing, route delivery procedures and basic security and operational procedures.
• Understanding of DOT requirements.
• Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment, cases, metal containers, or boxes in excess of 40-70 lbs.
• A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
The ideal applicant will have current exp. in transportation-related lead or dispatching role. At this time we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No agencies or phone calls, please. Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
It is the responsibility of every Iron Mountain employee: