Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) is the global leader in storage and information management services. Iron Mountain is committed to storing, managing and transforming what our customers value most, from paper records to data to priceless works of art and culture. Providing a full suite of solutions – records and information management, data management, digital solutions, data centers and secure destruction – Iron Mountain enables organizations to lower storage costs, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and protect their data and assets from a complex world. Visit the company website at www.ironmountain.com for more information.
Iron Mountain enables 94% of the Fortune 1000 to smartly and securely manage their physical and digital information assets. With unmatched innovation and collaboration, our teams create information management solutions for our customers’ data, no matter what format, location or lifecycle stage it’s in and no matter where it’s kept. We are more than 17,000 people strong and growing. We’ve been a trusted records management leader since 1951.
Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status or other legally protected classifications in making employment decisions.
Iron Mountain Canada is an employer broadly committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes all people. Globally, we believe it is our diversity that contributes to our companies’ shared success. We work hard always to avoid discriminating on any grounds other than capability to perform the requirements of the job.
The North American Operations organization at Iron Mountain is responsible for $3 billion in annualized revenue representing 150,000 customer relationships. This organization has established several financial objectives for the next three years including driving toward aggressive internal growth and margin improvement targets.
Our success in achieving these objectives will be largely dependent upon our ability to derive fair pricing for the value of our services. There are a number of enhancements that will be implemented to our pricing programs, processes and tools. The Revenue Management team is responsible for directing these pricing methodologies and supporting the broader organization on top-line and bottom-line growth efforts through disciplined, data-driven pricing.
The responsibility of this role is to provide analysis and recommendations to teams in and outside Revenue Management, typically pertaining to our largest customers or a key segment of our customer base, and involving topics such as defining and implementing pricing policies, developing new functionality in systems, or executing on in-flight recurring programs. This role provides an outstanding opportunity to learn the inner workings & economics of the entire Iron Mountain product portfolio and provides unparalleled opportunity to work with people within most all lines of business within the company. This is a high exposure position that we are looking to staff with someone who can learn the business, establish a reputation, and eventually add value elsewhere in the business.
Vary depending on specific assignments, but are likely to include:
• Analytical Support: Provide analytical support for the account management and area financial teams to implement new price increase processes and pricing structures for our largest accounts. Analytical activities will include the collection of customer financial and operational information from our business systems then preparation of “price-to-win” analyses based on this information. Additionally, a successful candidate will be able to utilize financial reporting and custom analytics to identify pricing trends, risks, opportunities, and proposed actions to improve performance.
• Customer Interaction – Must be able to effectively interact with Sales, Account Management and other customers to whom support will be provided. Develop value-based pricing approaches for Marketing, Finance, Sales, Operations, and other stakeholders. Requires organizing and scheduling the workload related to support requests from the Sales and Account Management teams as well as setting achievable expectations.
• Executing Price Guidance – supporting the sales team with obtaining pricing approvals, utilizing data to identify the most appropriate price to win
• Project Execution – Drive pricing projects that help identify, design and operationalize revenue and margin maximizing opportunities by understanding the buying behavior of our customers, determining the best combination of price and services and building tools and techniques to allow the field to execute our pricing initiatives.
• Other – Varied other duties and initiatives as assigned by manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting; MS in Finance or MBA a plus
• 5+ years experience (or 3+ years with advanced degree) in financial analysis within the business services industry.
• Ability to construct and understand complex financial models of business problems.
• Comfort and experience in interfacing with sales teams, and in customer-facing negotiations.
• Ability to distill results from financial analyses into understandable conclusions and prescriptive recommendations for the sales team. Ability to factor high-level business perspectives and strategies into customer-specific contract decisions and recommendations.
• Strong negotiating skills and talent for driving decisions to a rapid close. Comfort and proven track record with managing discussions and influencing decision stakeholders at all levels without direct authority.
• Sound business acumen for developing pricing & positioning strategies based on the financial and competitive situation. Experience and abilities to persuade internal business partners on pricing strategies to achieve buy-in.
• Proficient with MSOffice and Access applications. Experience with financial applications, Business Objects, and Oracle.
• Familiarity with PROS pricing software and Salesforce.com a plus
• Strong written, verbal communication, planning and organizational skills.