Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) is the global leader in storage and information management services. Iron Mountain is committed to storing, managing and transforming what our customers value most, from paper records to data to priceless works of art and culture. Providing a full suite of solutions – records and information management, data management, digital solutions, data centers and secure destruction – Iron Mountain enables organizations to lower storage costs, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and protect their data and assets from a complex world. Visit the company website at www.ironmountain.com for more information.
Iron Mountain enables 94% of the Fortune 1000 to smartly and securely manage their physical and digital information assets. With unmatched innovation and collaboration, our teams create information management solutions for our customers’ data, no matter what format, location or lifecycle stage it’s in and no matter where it’s kept. We are more than 17,000 people strong and growing. We’ve been a trusted records management leader since 1951.
Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status or other legally protected classifications in making employment decisions.
The program manager is responsible for stewarding critical enterprise investments and driving the delivery of transformational change by providing leadership and direction to assigned programs. They will have experience in executing large, complex enterprise projects and programs in a cross-functional, matrix management environment. The Program Manager is well versed in program management methodology, has a rich background of program successes, is energetic and personable, and thrives in a dynamic environment. The Program Manager possesses the ability to find creative solutions to issues that jeopardize program goals or timing, within budget or resource constraints.
The Program Manager is able to envision the “big picture” and interact with executive, business, and functional leadership to craft programs to materialize the business strategy. He or she leverages his or her expertise to drive decision making on all aspects of the program/project activities and mitigates erroneous decisions.
• Provide steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a growing company with an evolving business model.
• Leads cross-functional multi-disciplinary meetings and fosters teamwork resulting in positive outcomes; is the focal point for change management and escalation resolution
• Manage all aspects of a given program, from requirements gathering to implementation over the entire lifecycle of the program.
• Participate in program benefits identification.
• Ensure that the scope of the projects within the program align with business priorities. Manage relationship with key stakeholders and sponsor and escalate program risks to sponsors on a timely basis for decision resolution and disposition.
• Produces all relevant program management deliverables such as program objectives and requirements, risk assessments, program plans, program status reports, open issues logs, change logs, action items list etc.;
• Support and coach project managers within the program.
• Defines and coordinates the securing of commitments from cross-functional groups and external providers in terms of resources, cost, schedule, and performance
• Resolves any issues or conflicts resulting from any of the above interfaces and commitments
• Review program budget variance and scope change requests, and participate in the budget-resolution process.
• Address escalated cost issues with project manager, as needed
• Address escalated resourcing issues with project manager and resource manager, as needed
• Proactively set performance expectations and help project managers and subordinates manage expectations of delivery and requirements, yielding consistent results
• Utilizes company and industry program management best practices and adheres to the PMO process, standards, and governance
•Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
•Adept at helping team members harness and develop strengths in pursuit of successful program outcomes
•Ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives with a minimal amount of supervision
•Ability to make decisions independently and to assume higher-level leadership responsibilities in critical stuations
•Proven problem-solving, decision-making, and financial skills
•Effective consultative and influencing approach
•Proven ability to enact change quickly
•Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
•Appropriate knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies and proficiency in common project planning tools like MS Project
•Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree desirable, or more than 12 years of related experience in IT Project Management or IT leadership roles.
•PMP, Scrum Master and Six Sigma certifications desired – equivalent related experience and knowledge essential